Reserve a spot: a.schoolspecial@gmail.com

Afterschool Special - April 17

Posted: Sunday 18 April 2010 | Posted by afterschool special |

If in ten years, between juggling my hugely successful restaurant, gym sessions (bc my metabolism will have inevitably become molasses slow at that point) and learning french and having children, I am asked what the most stressful moment of my entire existence was, I will still cite April 16, 2010 - Afterschool Special. I will remember the crippling anxiety and sense of doom that overcame me when, at 7 pm, the doorbell rang and Marlon and I, not yet ready, realized we had overbooked, undercooked, with not enough chairs nor table space and I had convinced myself the chicken was ruined by my new recipe.

Despite all this (I'm sorry if I'm offending past ASS guests) this bunch was probably my favorite (as a collective). They were talkative and open and cheery (the constant barrage of laughter I could hear from the kitchen kept my spirits up throughout the cooking ordeal). Everyone seemed supportive and genuinely interested in our dinner club. After the kitchen stress, Marlon and I retired to the dining room and had a much deserved chill-out with some cool people and indulged in some red velvet cake. I'm really proud of what we're doing and the food we serve, but I still am shocked when strangers come out of their way to try it. So thanks to all the friends of friends and the friends of friends who've recommended us and the friends who we'd forced to come bc of our perpetual nagging. Whoever you came as, we're all friends now!

Next week we are booked to the max. But May dates are up. Please book then. Afterschool Special will officially be over in 2 months, so don't miss out. We should also be altering the menu soon too.

x

Angela & Marlon


































0 comments:

Post a Comment