Reserve a spot: a.schoolspecial@gmail.com

Afterschool Special - April 23

Posted: Tuesday 27 April 2010 | Posted by angela |

Hi guys,

Yet another phenomenal Afterschool Special week. I have to say, I'm really impressed by how smoothly everything went in the kitchen this weekend. You can prepare all week and get organized, or you can wait until the last minute to do everything, doesn't really matter... You can still never predict what's going to happen once the guests arrive. So Marlon and I were quite shocked when, at 7 pm, this time around, we were waiting for them with cocktails (instead of wishing they'd come 30 minutes later) and once everyone trickled in, food was served, plate after plate, without missing a beat. I felt very German.

This particular Afterschool Special on Friday was surprisingly American-heavy with a blend of marrieds with like, REAL jobs and also some bubbly, wanderlusting NYU girls studying abroad. We had some New Yorkers, Californians, a Texan, and some Canadians and a Kiwi (A Kiwi who thought Marlon and I were a couple!). The British are being underrepresented, I think that should be remedied. I feel like I always need to remind them " American food is GOOD, didn't you see Jamie Oliver's Road Trip across America?". Come on guys, step it up. But a sincere thank you to those who came, you were all great.

Dates for May still, please book!

x
Angela and Marlon




it's not a fish.


that is exactly as moist and flavorful as it looks.

this biscuits were as flaky and warm as they look.





0 comments:

Post a Comment